RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES OF THE VICE PRESIDENT
Responsibility: The Vice President shall perform the duties of the President-Elect in the event of his/her absence or disability and shall perform such other duties as may be delegated to him/her by the Board of Directors. The Vice President shall be responsible to update and review the Policy Manual of the Association with the approval of the Board of Directors on an annual basis.
Vice President shall:
- Direct the activities of the Personnel committee and shall represent the Committee, its Sub-committees and assigned Work groups before the Board of Directors.
- Serve on the Executive Committee.
- Review all actions of assigned Committees, Sub-committees and Work groups to assure that such actions are in compliance with adopted policies, budget and strategic plan.
- Along with the President, President-Elect and Executive Officer, may sign all official contracts or instruments the Board of Directors has authorized to be executed.
- Make every attempt to attend all major functions of the Association.
- Have a working knowledge of the Bylaws, the Policy Manual, The Code of Ethics and Arbitration Manual, and Robert’s Rules of Order.
- Be familiar with the Association’s Strategic Plan and assist in the implementation of the objectives and strategies.
- Keep abreast of the accomplishments of the Association, HAR and NAR so as to be prepared to discuss these matters with the membership.
- Be prepared to accept all other duties as requested by the President, and maintain continuous liaison with the Executive Officer and other assigned staff to ensure proper coordination in the conduct of the Association’s business.
- Solicit HIR members, not currently serving in a volunteer capacity, to serve on HIR Committees, as a HIR Director, or as an HAR Committee Member.
- Shall serve as HAR Director at-large if three more director positions are allotted.
Must be a REALTOR® Member in good standing.
Strongly encouraged to be an investor in RPAC.
Must have attended training on the enforcement of the Code of Ethics within the past two years.
Must be actively engaged in the real estate business and hold an active real estate license from the State of Hawaii.
Term: The Vice President is elected for a term of one year.