Hawai’i Island REALTORS® Caravan Policies
1. East Hawaii Caravans are for REALTOR® members, HIR Business Partners and Affiliates, and clients accompanied by REALTORS®.
2. The deadline to submit your caravan requests is on the Wednesday prior to the scheduled caravan date by 2:00pm.
Caravan requests must be submitted online at www.hawaiiislandrealtors.org/caravans. Late submissions will not be accepted.
3. All properties must have an ACTIVE MLS number when submitted. Vacant land and rental properties will be added to the caravan schedule at the discretion of the caravan coordinator.
4. Each agent/team is limited to no more than three listings per caravan and each listing will be added to the caravan schedule at the discretion of the caravan coordinator.
5. Listing agents, licensed-assistant(s), or other REALTOR® member(s) must be present at caravan to show the submitted listing(s) and must be present at the morning meeting. Failure to comply shall result in the agent’s submission(s) being removed from the caravan schedule.
6. Properties may be resubmitted for caravan if it has been three months or longer since it was last on caravan, unless there is a new listing agent, the property has been substantially changed (physically), or if it has had a substantial price reduction, and may be added to the caravan schedule at the discretion of the caravan coordinator.
7. It is strongly encouraged that all listing agents view all properties on caravan and complete the caravan opinion/feedback form for each listing viewed.
8. There will be no alcoholic beverages served during caravan at meeting places or listings.
9. Properties shall be accessible to 2-wheel drive vehicles (unpaved roads), should a 4-wheel drive vehicle be required, it should be noted.
10. All caravan submissions are accepted and scheduled at the discretion of the caravan coordinator.
11. Listing agents must notify the caravan coordinator if planning to serve refreshments and/or are planning any special activities at a caravan listing, in coordination with caravan sponsor(s). Please do not contact sponsor(s) directly.
Last Reviewed and Updated: January 2019