SentriLock RAD UPDATE
SentriLock continues to improve its business and products with innovative technology. Please take a few moments to update your RAD to receive the latest improvements
1. Prior to beginning the firmware update process, please fully charge your RAD even if it shows as being fully charged. Charging will require a minimum of two hours (four or more if the charging is being done from a computer).
2. To begin the Over-the-Air firmware update, click the scroll wheel on the right- hand side of the RAD. This will wake up the RAD and display the time and date. Click the scroll wheel a second time and you will be taken to the Main Menu.
3. Scroll down to General Info and click the scroll wheel.
4. Scroll down to Firmware Version and click the scroll wheel.
5. The current version of the firmware will be displayed. Within 10 seconds, the option to ‘Check for update’ will appear. Click the scroll wheel on Yes.
6. The RAD will display ‘Enabling Cellular Connection..’, ‘Connecting…’ and ‘Checking for firmware update’. If an update is available, you will be prompted to update. If not, you will be notified that ‘No update available’. This means that your RAD already has the latest firmware version.
7. The update will begin to download. It may take 2-3 minutes to complete the download. The progess is indicated by the number that is being counted upward (ex. 014 of 145).
8. Once the update has been downloaded, you will be prompted with ‘A new firmware version has been downloaded…’ followed by ‘Install now?’. Click the scroll wheel on Yes.
9. The installation of the update only takes a few seconds, and the RAD will restart automatically after the update has been installed. The firmware has been installed and the RAD is ready for use.
If you experience an issue performing the above steps, such as (but not limited to): ‘Connection Failed’ or ‘Connection Timeout,’ repeat the above steps and it will continue downloading where it left off.
If further assistance is needed, please contact SentriLock Support at 513-618-5800 or 1-877-736-8745 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 12 a.m. (midnight) ET
7 days a week.